This job is no longer accepting applications.
The successful candidate will be charged with providing environmental support to assist the Permian and Oklahoma Asset Teams in complying with federal, state and local environmental air regulations. The candidate will work closely with management, operations and other HES professionals to clearly define air compliance issues and develop cost-effective solutions. The HES professional must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to resolve air compliance issues.
This position will report to the Environmental Supervisor and will be responsible for air permitting and air quality compliance support in the development of the Permian and Oklahoma Assets. The successful candidate will be located in the Houston, TX office.
- Responsible for management of air permitting, federal and state air compliance reporting and GHG reporting.
- Responsible for understanding various air regulations and corporate programs; and implementing internal compliance procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance of air permits and prepare routine reports.
- Responsible for preparing and providing training to operations personnel on air permitting and compliance issues as needed.
- Responsible for project management, including the development of requests for bid proposals, work orders and supervision of contractors.
- Represents Marathon Oil Company at trade association and professional organization meetings.
- Sets an example of living our values by participating in safety meetings, behavior based safety program, diversity awareness opportunities and other activities.
- Travel throughout southeastern New Mexico, Oklahoma, and potentially other Marathon locations.
- Ability to use various environmental software (e.g. Symmetry, ProMax, etc.) to calculate site emissions
- Must be solution oriented
- Bachelor’s required in Environmental or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of relevant HES experience. Environmental compliance, program implementation, risk identification, and project management skills are preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications, teamwork, planning & organizational skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access, etc.; Adobe Acrobat
- 15-25% travel to local fields
- Environmental engineering experience
- Project management skills with minimal oversight required
Your application has been successfully submitted.