This job is no longer accepting applications.
Responsible for the proper maintenance, processing, acquiring and disposing of all rights and interests to oil and gas leases. This involves a working knowledge of land and mineral title work, state and federal regulations and legislation, and experience with these aspects within a land department. Also will be point of contact in negotiating, analyzing, interpreting and preparing oil and gas leases, joint operating agreements, farmin/farmout agreements, purchase and sale agreements, pooling agreements and other upstream agreements.
- Responsible for conducting day-to-day business with lessors, lease co-owners, partners and other operators.
- Review, draft, negotiate and interpret agreements relative to the company’s operations and rights of third parties and serve as primary contact for third party issues.
- Manage and oversee the company’s lease holds in all operating areas as well as evaluate additional needs in anticipation of rig schedule.
- Provide recommendations and complete projects/transactions as approved by management on lease opportunities, trades and agreements.
- Determine and/or verify working interest, net revenue interests, burdens associated with interests based on title analysis of deeds, assignments, purchase and sale agreements, probate documents, title opinions, leases and royalty agreements.
- Participate within cross-functional teams involving internal operations teams within all aspects of operations and reports on related content of leases.
- Communicate with working interest owners, partners and other operators.
- Provide information to operations staff and departments in ensuring proper reporting of quarterly and annual information to senior management and BOD.
- Assist A&D department with due diligence process related to and related leasing information required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Management, Business, Real Estate or a related discipline is required.
- Master’s Degree, MBA or JD preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience working in an in-house oil and gas role with knowledge of offshore/onshore lease processes is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible with changing priorities depending on land projects and current working interest changes.
- Hands-on experience in most phases of Land Department functions.
- Strong analytical, math and communication skills both written and verbal required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Working experience with OWL/Lexco and OCSBBS and any additional industry software is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
W&T Offshore, Inc. offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration. EEOE.
Your application has been successfully submitted.