Executive Communications Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Are you a Communication Leader looking for a new opportunity?
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join Baker Hughes Communications Team!
As Baker Hughes transforms its operations to meet the needs of a changing energy landscape, there is a need for a Executive Communications Manager to identify, develop and execute strategic positioning opportunities for the company. This role will report to the Vice President of External Affairs and be responsible for leading day-to-day thought leadership development as well as enabling social and digital communications programs to increase Baker Hughes’ narrative externally.
As a Executive Communications Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Support the Executive Leadership team by running a digital thought leadership program aimed at promoting senior leaders as ambassadors of the Baker Hughes brand through social media, known as the “social C-suite” program
- Develop a comprehensive content calendar with proactive opportunities for leaders to position Baker Hughes in social media networks
- Oversee “train the trainer” program for communications and marketing partners to successfully tell the company’s story digitally
- Oversee social listening program for C-suite leaders, including regular guidance and advisory positions on trending topics and relevant commentary
- Support social media activation connected to thought leadership events, including speaking engagements, marketing content, and trade associations
- Support VP of External Affairs in Chairman’s communications on social media, including regular reporting of KPIs and development of content on a regular basis
- Manage a speaker’s bureau program for senior leadership team.
- Identify, evaluate, and execute key thought leadership events for senior leadership team, specifically in adjacent markets outside of oil & gas
- Secure key speaking roles at relevant events, and manage all briefing materials and logistics where appropriate
- Develop holistic communications plans for thought leadership opportunities – including activations for external and internal audiences
- Research new positioning opportunities – including events, podcasts, blogs, speaking roles, associations, and memberships – on a regular basis
- Oversee evaluation process and criteria for thought leadership participation, as well as standards and training across Corporate Affairs function
- Develop clear standards and expectations for executive briefing materials
- Develop messaging for a variety of topics in Baker Hughes, connecting our corporate narrative to broader topics and themes.
- Ensure consistency in press releases and external communications.
- Partner with Energy Transition team and Government Affairs team to ensure alignment on key issues and messaging.
- Launch training program for Corporate Affairs to drive consistency in messaging management and storytelling for entire function
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related discipline (marketing, PR, Business Administration etc.) from an accredited university or college
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in executive communications, preferably working with large corporations and direct work with senior leadership
- Social media proficiency and management of social media profiles and campaigns in global environments
- Prior work experience that includes written & verbal communications, project management, events management, and executive communications support
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Word skills
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (will be dependent on speaking opportunities and executive support)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and growth mindset
- Team player with the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, both virtually and in person
- Events management and thought leadership support
- Ability to work well with different cultures; bring an understanding of regional audiences and cultural sensitivities
- Creative thinker able to design impactful employee communications material
- Strong project and time management skills
- Proven relationship builder
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
- Up to 3 days working remotely/from home
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.