Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Who we are
We’re on a mission to transform the world's largest supply chain by making critical product quality data available, accessible, and actionable. Our data intelligence platform is the first and only system of record for product quality in oil and gas, bringing disruptive transparency to an industry underserved by technology. Over 50 of North America’s leading energy companies rely on Validere’s insights to enhance operational and trading margins and reduce waste and emissions. We’re backed by notable tech and energy investors including Wing VC, Greylock Partners, Sallyport, and Y Combinator. Our offices are in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto.
Who you are
We're looking for a Product Marketing Manager to own the creation of the messaging, positioning and differentiation for the Validere platform. You will provide support for demand generation campaigns executed by the Growth Marketing team; develop and deliver sales training; coordinate product launches/releases; produce sales tools, collateral and competitive profiles; and evangelize our products internally and externally to achieve business success and profitable growth. The Product Marketing Manager will work closely with Product Management, Sales, Sales Engineering, Growth Marketing, and the CTO.
What you will do
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the target Validere markets, customers, competition and the Validere platform.
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, claims and high-impact and differentiated stories for the Validere platform; translate technical capabilities into the value for buyers and users
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to beat them
- Demand generation – support marketing programs that drive demand and pipeline creation, in particular, content creation
- Develop high-impact sales tools such as product data sheets, web content, blog entries, eBooks, videos, white papers, presentations, case studies, business cases, TCO/ROI analysis, competitive profiles and sales playbooks
- Product launch – plan the launch of new platform capabilities and bundles and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Evangelize the company’s vision, architecture and overall product strategy both internally and externally
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
What you bring to the team
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in Product Marketing or heavily-outbound product management of enterprise software and technology offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in the physical sciences and MBA is a plus
- Be technical – demonstrated experience in learning new markets and positioning new technologies
- Very strong messaging, writing, and presentation communication skills
Why job seekers choose Validere
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
Our shared values
- Deliver (the highest) value
- Remove friction
- Everyday, more scalable
- Be well, fair & transparent
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.