Commercial Services representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Do something that means something at Williams. This isn’t just a job - it’s an opportunity to explore and discover your passion with coworkers who become friends and mentors who push you to be your best self in and out of the office. At Williams, we make clean energy happen. And you can too, so bring your energy to ours.
As Commercial Services Rep Sr, you will establish strong business relationships with a customer focused strategy that maximize revenue opportunities in your assigned market area, establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with buying influences. You will ensure customers receive exceptional service using the "single-point-of-service" business model.
Your work will challenge you and with our Core Values to guide you, you’ll quickly learn and grow with us.
- Negotiates complex commercial arrangements and changes to business practices / tariff provisions; identify growth opportunities; represents Williams and the buying Influences position; partners and shares market intelligence with Commercial Strategic Development on merger, acquisition and origination efforts impacting Williams overall and not just business unit where the position resides.
- Ensures the development of an efficient commercial system and processes to assist customers in acquiring new or releasing existing capacity, scheduling capacity, managing imbalances, and obtaining billing and volume statements
- Expands industry-wide knowledge regarding the natural gas industry to include oil and NGLs and provides industry leadership to push favorable policies forward and impede the implementation of harmful policies Develops tariff recommendations to support new services, improve existing services and to comply with FERC policy and tariff provisions
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Years Of Experience
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field and a minimum eight (8) years’ energy experience
- Preferred: Master’s degree and a familiarity with contractual and tariff provisions
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial documents and agreements (e.g. standard and non-standard transportation and storage agreements, facilities and interconnect agreements memorandum of understanding, tariff, data requests, etc.); analyzing skills to identify process improvements, trends and predictive behavior; and established commercial contacts at appropriate levels throughout the industry
- Proprietary understanding of how Natural Gas competes with, and complements alternative sources of Energy
- Experience managing / leading project teams across multiple disciplines focused on most aspects of the commercial operations of the company
- Substantial knowledge of the specific business needs and challenges of our customers and in-depth understanding of most aspects of commercial systems
- Needs proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Application and PC skills
- Oil & Energy
Your application has been successfully submitted.