Scada Regional Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Location Birmingham, AL, DFW area TX, Shreveport LA
The SCADA Regional Manager will report to the Operations Team (OT) and will lead a team responsible for the maintenance and improvement of Cygnet SCADA systems supporting LA, TX and other Central Region assets. This is a new area for DGOC and this role will help establish and maintain operating standards for a growing asset base. The selected candidate will have demonstrated technical, customer service and management skills and be able to work with personnel from all levels of the organization.
Special focus will be placed on:
- Work with key system users to identify improvement opportunities, define technical requirements and with the support of senior Scada personnel, design and implement solutions.
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff.
- Provide direction and prioritization of work.
- Participate in architecture and standards reviews with senior Scada personnel from other areas.
- Work closely with field I&E personnel to ensure systems are stable, responsive and able to support business needs.
- Work to support company cyber security standards and identify improvement opportunities.
- Design, program, construct, modify, and provide ongoing operational support for company SCADA systems.
- Utilize VB and other programming skills to develop applications and modifications for Cygnet & HMI displays.
- Develop and support alarming tools and visual aids for field personnel.
- Oversee the data collection and HMI control functions in Cygnet and FMS to verify and maintain the SCADA data integrity.
- Build and support multiple system integrations via scripting and file transfer methods.
- Run system integration for acquisitions. Integration from selling company SCADA Host to DEC SCADA host of Cygnet.
- Work with various departments to provide data reports from SCADA systems.
- Provide timely data to the accounting and measurement groups to ensure closing deadlines are met.
- Participate in on-call support rotation.
- Any other job-related duty as deemed appropriate by management.
- Associate’s degree in an Information Technology/Systems, or related program preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in oil/gas SCADA or field measurement
- Cygnet strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft software with advanced computer skills (programming, database, networks)
- Technical knowledge of Cygnet SCADA, FMS, or similar oil/gas data collection software
- Experience with migration or integration of other HMI or SCADA applications Wonderware, clear SCADA, Ignition, Xpac, iFix, etc.
- Technical knowledge of database systems, including SQL queries & report building
- Programming experience in VB, C# or similar
- Familiarity with electronic meters, RTU, PLC and various remote monitoring devices
- Familiarity with communication protocols, radios, and networking
- Strong customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience acting as a technical lead
- Experience in a management or supervisory role
- Managing to budget and record keeping
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel to field offices. (<25%)
Your application has been successfully submitted.