Advisor Sustainability/ESG Reporting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
The EHS Advisor position is a to support sustainability and ESG reporting and strategic initiatives for Hess Corporation. The role requires you to be organized and enjoy multi-tasking. As an advisor you are responsible for coordinating a variety of projects, ideas and strategies with people. Therefore, strong organization, planning, communication, relationship building and strategic thinking skills are essential. Good report writing skills are required. You will also be required to collate, interpret and provide written analysis of ESG data for dissemination within the company and with external stakeholders.
Self starter able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to completion often under short or changing deadlines in a diverse and fast-paced environment. Detail oriented with excellent time management and task execution skills. Proficient in using software systems for extracting data for internal and external customer needs.
You will be expected to implement changes and communicate them effectively, including changes in reporting expectations and new strategic initiatives impacting the business. You will be working closely with External Affairs, Communications, Supply Chain, HR, and your business and EHS colleagues, as well as vendors supporting our sustainability efforts, to educate and inform them on the changes you’re looking to implement and how they will impact the environment and workplace.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical writing and editing support for the annual sustainability report.
- Work collaboratively with EHS colleagues to compile data for Sustainability Report and other ESG reporting efforts.
- Identify or procure needed resources to implement sustainability programs or projects. Assist in managing external resources for various projects, including for development and verification of the sustainability report.
- Provide technical and administrative support for sustainability programs or issues, including collection, validation, verification, trending and benchmarking of sustainability data. Perform database reporting queries for Hess safety, greenhouse gas emissions, waste management, flaring, and other environmental and social data. Analyze and interpret data, and describe trends. Research the various U.S. and international benchmarking data sources and incorporate into presentations for internal stakeholders.
- Participate in evaluation and support implementation of strategic sustainability and EHS initiatives. Help develop sustainability project goals, objectives, initiatives, or strategies in collaboration with other sustainability professionals. Identify or create new sustainability indicators. Assess or propose sustainability initiatives, considering factors such as cost effectiveness, technical feasibility, and acceptance.
- Create or maintain plans or other documents related to sustainability projects.
- Help to represent Hess in sustainability and EHS related initiatives through our industry associations. Research or review regulatory, technical, or market issues related to sustainability.
- Develop reports and presentations to communicate the effectiveness of sustainability initiatives for senior management, investors, and EHS Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Participate in a variety of Special Projects particularly those delegated by the EHS VP. May travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of technical experience in oil & gas or related industry
- Minimum of 3 years of total corporate sustainability-related experience, including familiarity with ESG investor community.
- Experience with the Global Reporting Initiative reporting guidelines, the Carbon Disclosure Project, the United Nations Global Compact, ESG investor surveys, and sector specific and multi-sectoral benchmarking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Quantitative valuation skills a plus.
- Detail oriented with excellent time management and project planning and execution skills.
- Self starter able to work proactively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to completion.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Builds Trusted Relationships--Has a reputation for being a valued team member and contributor; builds trust and confidence among a broad, diverse group of stakeholders; finds ways to solve complex problems to meet customer needs; will seek out feedback when appropriate; anticipates business needs and expectations of customers, peers and managers.
- Develops Talents--Owns his/her own development; communicates personal aspirations and career goals proactively; seeks feedback and performance information from multiple sources; willingly shares individual knowledge to help others grow; seeks out challenging career assignments to gain additional perspective and develops self for the long-term.
- Creates Effective Team--Contributes a positive attitude and full engagement to team efforts; raises concerns and expresses personal opinions appropriately; participates in productive discussions and problem solving, effectively managing the impact of his/her role on others; supports others in their efforts when possible; finds ways to provide positive and constructive feedback to teammates; works effectively with team members who are different from self.
- Thinks Strategically--Understands the corporate strategy and our industry; is eager to understand and can communicate how role fits into the broader strategy and results of the company; proactively seeks knowledge about markets and competitors to anticipate future opportunities for change; gains new knowledge of surrounding roles to grow personal knowledge and perspective.
- Inspires Innovation--Willing to challenge established procedures, paradigms; introduces creative ideas through a natural curiosity and inquisitive thinking; considers and communicates future impacts; courageously shares thoughts and opinions; finds ways to include diverse voices into the conversation to ensure the right outcome.
- Demonstrate Courage--Recognizes and voices alternative positions; unafraid to ask questions; provides developmental feedback to peers in a constructive and positive manner; communicates candidly with management about possibilities and problems; directly and promptly addresses issues.
- Drives Continuous Improvement--Identifies and proactively seizes opportunities to improve work processes for self and others; effectively contributes to team objectives; understands work flow processes and how people and technology come together to deliver results; sees problems as potential opportunities; helps others learn by simplifying complex ideas into digestible concepts.
- Makes Quality Decisions--Leverages subject matter expertise to consider alternatives and make decisions; unafraid to reach out for additional input from a diverse group; effectively explains and defends thought processes and decisions; reflects on past decisions to ensure lessons are learned to improve future outcomes.
- Delivers High Performance--Contributes to plans and goals through technical and practical execution; finds new and creative ways to solve business problems; will regularly exceed personal goals and requirements for output; others may be spurred on by his/her quest to ensure top results.
Your application has been successfully submitted.