Senior Stakeholder Relations Advisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
LOCATION Commerce City, Colorado (US-CO)
JOB NUMBER 52721
Why you should join us
Do you have the skills and determination to play a critical role in positively influencing our reputation through engagement, collaboration and partnership with external stakeholders in a fast paced, dynamic environment? If so, we want to talk to you! In this role, you will be accountable for the development and execution of stakeholder outreach strategies and building positive relationships while advancing the company’s business objectives in Colorado and Wyoming.
You will use your expertise to
- Contribute to the development of short and long-term strategic stakeholder relations strategies and ensure plans are aligned to business goals
- Successfully engage with identified stakeholders regarding our assets and activities to build awareness, understanding, and support for Suncor’s operations
- Identify and plan for regularly cadenced consultation and ongoing commitments with stakeholders
- Escalate stakeholder concerns and activities internally to determine appropriate follow-up and actions
- Build relationships with business leaders, subject matter experts, and communications team to support the development and delivery of key messages with various stakeholders
- Serve in a public facing role representing Suncor’s interests and reputation
- Identify and implement areas for continuous improvement related to stakeholder services, tools and processes
- Provide timely and stakeholder relations support to the business during emergencies or critical events as a member of the response management team
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements)
- 10 or more years of related experience
- A post-secondary education in business, political science, marketing, communications, or an equivalent related field
- Demonstrated ability to understand the details of complex issues while communicating the business strategies and goals to key stakeholders and the public
- Experience working with public and communities, all levels of government and elected officials, environmental groups, regulatory agencies, and industry/trade associations
- Knowledge of local, state government and regulatory processes
- The ability to develop strategic outreach plans and articulate tactics and messages; Skilled at delivering clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Experience leading and/or implementing unstructured projects to completion within a dynamic environment
- Critical and strategic thinking, good judgment, the ability to anticipate and recognize stakeholder needs and opportunities, as well as work with technical or complex data to draw conclusions and make recommendations
- The ability to manage self-directed work and possess an adaptive work style to handle multiple priorities, competing deadlines, challenging demands and function in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated success in risk and reputation management, and influencing outcomes
- Demonstrated success in building and fostering strong relationships, convening groups with diverse perspectives
- Alignment with our values safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) – please submit your resume in English
- Experience working within a dynamic and large complex organization supporting multiple business areas or locations
- Project management experience
- Experience in the oil and gas or energy industry and knowledge of Suncor Energy’s refining, marketing and pipeline businesses and challenges
- Experience working with technical, legal, complex and scientific data
- Demonstrated success in creating engaging relationships through collaboration, trust, respect, teamwork and superior communication
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information
- You will work out of our Commerce City Refinery Business Center, located at 5455 Brighton Blvd.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs as well as on-call rotation
- Occasional local/regional business travel is required
- Working in a dynamic operating environment with changing expectations
- Depending on the nature of the role, we have implemented a Hybrid Work Model to provide our employees with a combination of office-based work and ‘work from home’ flexibility. To learn more, speak to your recruiter
- We have numerous Employee Inclusion Networks who work together to help foster an inclusive and respectful culture and drive positive change at Suncor. Current networks include both Workplace Inclusion Networks (focusing on inclusion and respect for all), and identity-focused networks (focusing on building community and a sense of belonging and allyship for different groups)
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
Suncor Energy (U.S.A.) Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Suncor, a leading integrated energy company based in Alberta, Canada with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing.
Suncor’s downstream business operates four refineries including the Commerce City refinery, the only petroleum refinery in the area and one of the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Colorado’s only refinery - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
We want you to have a job that will fit your life - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs and an annual incentive program
- Work/Life Balance
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us
- For more information on a career in Denver, click here
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.