Environmental and Regulatory (Air) Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Responsible for the coordination and management of environmental field activities, permitting, and compliance activities for Company operations. Develop and implement practices and procedures to assure timely preparation of permit applications, receipt of permits and approvals, regulatory compliance, and regulatory reporting and record keeping for respective Company operations. Work closely with respective Operations and Sr. Environmental & Regulatory Managers to ensure environmental permitting and compliance objectives are met, proper policies and procedures are developed and implemented, and adequate staffing levels are maintained to meet objectives. Responsible for the effective administration of third (3rd) party Environmental consultants and contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and implement environmental and regulatory strategies with various federal, state, and local regulations.
- Manage environmental field activities, permitting, compliance, and regulatory reporting for Company operations, such as, Production, Midstream, and Water.
- Work closely with other Environmental & Regulatory Managers managing USACOE CWA Section 404 permitting, compliance and regulatory reporting, and construction release for respective Company operations facilities.
- Manage regulatory agency notices, inquiries, and orders response and resolution.
- Meet routinely and work closely with local, state, and federal regulatory agency personnel to develop professional relationship to ensure timely receipt of permits and awareness of agency policies and procedures, clarify agency policy, and facilitate project permitting and approvals.
- Manage activities focused on influencing development of rulemaking at state and local levels.
- Responsible for environmental incident response, internal notifications, regulatory incident reporting and incident root cause analyses.
- Provide oversight and leadership in environmental investigations and remediation activities.
- Manage environmental incidents, complaints response, remedial investigations, and closeout.
- Responsible for compiling and reporting relevant field environmental activities metrics.
- Responsible for applicable permitting and compliance metrics reporting.
- Ensure that direct reports have been given, understand, and comply with Company policies and procedures, and have received proper training in Safety and job functions.
- Manage Environmental contractors to provide and present Company policies, procedures, and training requirements.
- Responsible for evaluation and assessment of consultants and contractors qualifications, performance, and verification of proper licensing.
- Ensure proper environmental representation during operations and other relevant meetings.
- Develop and implement regulatory and permits compliance awareness and training.
- Support safety awareness and adherence to safe practices in the workplace.
- Responsible for the execution of environmental compliance audits and assessments.
- Participate and represent the company on industry groups and coalitions including but not limited to WVONGA, OOGA, HCP Coalition.
- Advanced working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations regarding the CWA Section 404 and 401, USACOE, USFWS, SHPO, SPCC, NPDES, Solid and Hazardous waste, and Clean Air Act.
- Possess advanced knowledge in theories and principles and applies it in creative and effective ways across the program or area of responsibility.
- Demonstrate ability to lead or represent the Company on industry work groups and liaising with regulatory agencies.
- Proven ability to manage and develop personnel, teams, and environmental and regulatory programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Outlook, Excel, Word, etc. and use/operation of standard office equipment.
- Review and analyze new and proposed federal, state and local rules and regulations, determine implications to ongoing and future operations, and provide comments as necessary on behalf of the Company.
- Prepare and perform annual Personal Performance Planning (PPP) reviews with direct reports.
- Provide direction and leadership to Environmental personnel.
- Stays current on all technical and legal aspects of environmental issues and how they affect Company compliance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Licensure
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field of study.
- Ten (10) years of Environmental or Oil & Gas experience.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of progressive, relevant technical and managerial experience.
- Possess valid driver’s license and clean driving record (MVR) that meet Company’s Insurance qualifications to operate Company vehicle.
Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure
- Professional license/certification such as Project Management Professional or Professional Engineer.
Required Core Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to converse with staff, management, contractors, and operations, using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Self-motivated and assertive that is comfortable in open discussion with personality ranges from field hand to construction and design groups.
- Ability to be detail oriented, set priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, activities, etc.
- Good time management, project management, and organizational skills to meet set deadlines.
- Able to present, demonstrate, teach, or guide others in performance of assigned work.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional behavior and decision making when working with others.
- Ability to safely operate vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Able to recognize and apply safety processes and procedures.
- This role will have managerial responsibilities over Environmental Supervisors, their direct reports, consultants, and contractors.
- Responsible for regularly making decisions and/or recommendations concerning:
o Interviewing, hiring, and training;
o Setting or adjusting work schedule;
o Plan, appoint, and direct the work;
o Appraise productivity and efficiency;
o Recommend advancement, promotions, or other changes in status;
o Handle complaints, grievances and disciplinary issues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Job is performed in the office and out in the field overseeing operations.
This position may be subject to:
- Extreme cold and heat: temperatures typically below 32o F or above 100o F for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions as wind, rain, snow, and humidity.
- Noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee will minimally lift, push, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Minimal amount of traversing through challenging terrain to evaluate project sites, conditions, manually inspect slopes or perform work.
- Occasional travel may be required to other locations.
- Occasional travel to Company’s field operations. Approximately 20% of time in field.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Your application has been successfully submitted.