Director Of Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
Discovery Natural Resources LLC is a domestic, onshore exploration and production company with over 1,000 wells in operation in Texas.
The Director of Development is a working management role responsible for directing all development, exploitation and exploration programs, in addition to the stewardship of company reserves.
- Works as a member of the senior leadership team to ensure the group meets or exceeds the Company’s financial and operating goals.
- Responsible for ensuring high quality Development programs including efficient drilling schedule design, leading drilling and completions design and execution, focus on delivering strong program returns, and risk mitigations.
- Responsible for all drilling and completions activities focused on delivering top quartile performance through innovation, cost control, seamless execution, and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for all geological and engineering subsurface activities focused on delivering the highest quality well results, program risk mitigation, and identifying upside opportunities in and around the Company’s assets.
- Oversee reserve management process for the Company, including production forecasting of PDP & PUD reserves and identification of Probable and Possible Resources.
- Direct the technical evaluations and economic analysis on all new business and development projects.
- Mentor the members of their team for improved performance, increased skill sets and positioning for career progression.
Education & Experience
- B.S. Degree required.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience including engineering and managing activities of an exploration and development program.
- Drilling and completions engineering/management experience.
- Reservoir engineering/management experience including incorporation of geologic drivers.
- Portfolio / planning experience.
- Unconventional reserves management experience.
- Business development evaluations/modeling experience.
- Multivariate / data science management experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated success in adding value to development programs through optimization of drilling and completion activities, through enhancement and addition of inventory and business development.
- Demonstrated high quality reserves programs.
Compensation And Benefits
- Estimated pay range: $200,000 – $260,000
- Eligible for short- and long-term incentives
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and sick time
Your application has been successfully submitted.