Associate Tax Accountant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Tax Accountant will primarily focus on sales and use tax compliance and vendor audits, and information reporting. The scope of this position will include the preparation of various compliance reports such as tax computations, tax returns, account reconciliations, and tax payments, information reporting, and analyzing vendor-charged sales tax and collecting sales tax refunds from vendors and states/counties.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintains tax records and prepares monthly sales tax returns & tax payments.
- Assists in the preparation of annual informational returns.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly account reconciliations.
- Analyzes vendor-charged sales tax paid by Continental Resources, Inc.
- Writes preliminary findings, audit reports and finalizes all aspects of work papers
- Collects sales tax refunds from vendors and states/counties
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail and record-keeping skills
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Effective organizational, self-administration, multi-tasking, prioritization, critical thinking, analysis and decision-making skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with large amounts of data while maintaining accuracies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- 0-2 years of recent accounting experience
- An acceptable pre-employment background and drug test.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Sales and/or other tax experience
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
Continental Resources, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.