Accounts Receivables Accountant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gulfport Energy Corporation is an Oklahoma City-based independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company with its principal properties located in the Utica Shale in Eastern Ohio, the SCOOP and Woodford and SCOOP Springer plays in Central Oklahoma and along the Louisiana Gulf Coast.
Gulfport Energy's core management and technical teams are comprised of proven oil and gas professionals, with experience and expertise in multiple regions including salt dome structures of the U.S. Gulf Coast, and the Utica Shale Basin in Ohio. An entrepreneurial spirit resonates from the executive management team throughout the organization. We seek to leverage recent technological advancements in the oil and gas industry to fully exploit our principal producing acreages in each of our geographic regions while balancing the portfolio with a collection of long-term value opportunities that provide high-impact upside potential. Title:Accounts Receivable AccountantFull-Time/Part-Time:Full timeFLSA:United States of America (Exempt)Description:
The Accounts Receivable Accountant position is responsible for processing the company’s accounts receivable transactions. This position will be responsible for reviewing and reconciling receivables entered within Quorum. The selected candidate will have superior attention to detail with an ability to investigate discrepancies and strong relationship building skills to call or email externally and internally to resolve accordingly. This position will work in our Oklahoma City Office.
- Review and reconcile accounts, follow up for payments, address and answer questions/inquiries accordingly
- Perform cash application duties for all deposits received in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, entering, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Verify and resolve discrepancies, research and facilitate dispute resolution
- Effectively communicate with internal and external contacts via phone or email
- Serves as a back up to the treasury accountant
- Other duties, projects and responsibilities as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related field
- 1-3 years Oil & Gas experience in accounting
- Minimum of one (1) year of Accounts Receivable experience
Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary. Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. The ability to use a computer, tablet or smart phone for extended periods of time. Basic use of office equipment such as copier and fax machines. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, along with equipment necessary to design, draw, and execute plans.
Position Type And Expected Hours Of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Days and hours of work will vary due to workload and needs of the company.
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
Gulfport Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Gulfport also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, except where such an accommodation would cause an undue hardship.
Gulfport is an independent natural gas and oil company focused on the exploration and development of natural gas and oil properties in North America and is one of the largest producers of natural gas in the contiguous United States. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, Gulfport holds significant acreage positions in the Utica Shale of Eastern Ohio and the SCOOP Woodford and SCOOP Springer plays in Oklahoma. In addition, Gulfport has an approximately 22% equity interest in Mammoth Energy Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:TUSK) and has a position in the Alberta Oil Sands in Canada through its 25% interest in Grizzly Oil Sands ULC.
Your application has been successfully submitted.