This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
This position description below in no way states or implies that these are the only duties/functions to be performed by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties/functions requested by their supervisor.
Marathon Oil is currently seeking an experienced Drilling Superintendent in the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma office for the Oklahoma Resource Basin Asset Team. The successful candidate will execute the safe and efficient drilling operation for wells. Also responsible for working closely with a multidisciplinary team of professionals to arrive at the most feasible and cost effective operations for the asset.
- Has the right and obligation to stop work if unsafe conditions exist or are suspected. Ensure that all operations are planned and carried out in accordance with safe operational procedures and good drilling practices as well as Marathon Oil’s policies and procedures.
- Manage drilling rig operations.
- Provides support to Well Site Supervisors regarding daily activities on the rig including safety, training, and personnel
- Supervise and guide a team of Field Drilling Superintendents (if those positions are required), including trouble-shooting, cost tracking, and forward planning.
- Support investigations and follow-up on accidents and incidents arising from well site operations.
- Support and advocate open, honest and respectful communications and continuous improvement. Promote/support a culture of involvement and participation by all parties concerned.
- Identify opportunities for better application of drilling technology and methodology to optimize operations and/or decrease drilling costs and timing efficiencies.
- Work closely with and support multi-disciplinary teams of professionals (HES, Completions, Subsurface, Facilities, Production, Supply Chain, Land, Regulatory, etc.) in execution of drilling projects.
- Capture and implement lessons learned.
- Strong communication and stellar teamwork skills with the proven ability to express ideas and opinions and gain consensus.
- Be patient, tolerant and sensitive to different personalities and be able to maintain sound relations with direct reports, other departments and senior management.
- Practical with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to display and exercise sound judgment.
- Self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and energy, coupled with a strong work ethic
- The person in this role will be expected to spend 75% of his work time in the office and 25% in the field in a full-time role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any US employer.
- Minimum of 10 years of drilling experience in various environments.
- Experience in US Land Resource Plays. SCOOP/STACK experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of diligence and attention to detail working with very high standards both personally and technically
- Engineering degree preferred
- 5+ years of Drilling Engineering experience.
- 5+ years of field based drilling experience.
***MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO OKLAHOMA CITY AREA***
Your application has been successfully submitted.