Wellbore Navigation Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Wellbore Navigation Specialist.
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, the Wellbore Navigation Specialist (MWD) is responsible for all MWD activities and equipment at the well site.
• Communicate with the Directional Driller/Drilling Foreman to ensure all MWD requirements at the rig site are met
• Prepare all required MWD hardware at the well-site including checking/testing all MWD tools and equipment
• Ensure and verify that all drill collars and subs required for operating the MWD system are present at the well-site
• Provide interpretation of MWD data to the client and/or directional drilling supervisor
• Complete and submit all required paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
• Ensure all upgrades and modifications are completed to the MWD system hardware and software
• Maintain up to date knowledge base on all new technology
• Ensure adequate and constant communication by maintaining an on-call status
• Ensure safety policy and practices are consistently met
• Any additional duties assigned by management
• Shop duties as required, including but not limited to preparation of MWD kits and related equipment
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Degree or certificate in Petroleum or Engineering disciplines a plus.
• Previous industry experience considered an asset
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS • Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Self-starter capable of working with little supervision
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must be able to deal effectively with a wide range of situations and personalities
• Able to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
• Able to travel throughout the United States
Your application has been successfully submitted.