Software Developer (III/IV)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are:
Cold Bore Technology is a global leader in providing autonomous frac and is currently being sought after by all the major producers.
Cold Bore’s SmartPAD™ is the first and only completions master control system and is providing the infrastructure for bi-directional communication between all services on-site. Sharing data throughout the entire site and tracking the operation through sensor-based wellheads establishes a single timestamp, which is the only way to achieve fully autonomous completions.
Through the consolidation of digital data sources with SmartPAD™, Cold Bore provides operators with analytics in real-time allowing them to make informed decisions from their site or remotely.
Cold Bore Technology is seeking an experienced Software Developer (III/IV) to join our growing Software Development team. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, testing, and maintaining software in support of Cold Bore’s field operations. Working in a fast-paced team environment, this role requires a self-motivated individual with a high degree of collaboration and innovation. Come work with a ground-breaking and result-driven team determined to transform the Oil & Gas Industry through technology!
- Drive continuous delivery by participating in agile development, including estimating effort and complexity of new features and tasks.
- Produce robust and maintainable code, improving software team quality standards through example and leadership.
- Design systems architecture, including infrastructure that enables continuous integration and delivery.
- Design test strategy, including automated test cases to guard the quality.
- Lead projects, gathering requirements, setting timelines, communicating milestones, and proactively troubleshooting.
- Help operate Cold Bore’s edge platform (embedded systems, IIoT).
- Help operate Cold Bore’s cloud platform (cloud app and API) with a Site Reliability Engineering approach.
- Mentor and lead junior developers, performing code reviews and delivering meaningful feedback.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles and best practices.
- Experience with Embedded Software Development using C or C++.
- Advanced to Expert knowledge of Python, Rust, or Elixir.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of at least one other language in our stack (Python, Rust, or Elixir) is considered an asset.
- Experience writing automated test code (unit tests, integration tests, etc.).
- Experience with Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CD/CI) pipelines such as Gitlab-CI, Jenkins, or similar.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Comfortable working in Unix terminal environments.
- Hands-on contributor – you enjoy writing code, solving complex problems and being in the trenches.
- Experience and desire to mentor others through example and constructive feedback.
- Conscientious and results-oriented individual who goes above and beyond to meet their commitments.
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Cold Bore is looking for people who are flexible and can work effectively and collaboratively with a rockstar team. Attitude is everything!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SmartPAD™ is one Platform, one Format, one Direction for the entire industry & is revolutionizing the Completions Space.