Software Developer (I/II)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are:
Cold Bore Technology is a global leader in providing autonomous frac and is currently being sought after by all the major producers.
Cold Bore’s SmartPAD™ is the first and only completions master control system and is providing the infrastructure for bi-directional communication between all services on-site. Sharing data throughout the entire site and tracking the operation through sensor-based wellheads establishes a single timestamp, which is the only way to achieve fully autonomous completions.
Through the consolidation of digital data sources with SmartPAD™, Cold Bore provides operators with analytics in real-time allowing them to make informed decisions from their site or remotely.
Cold Bore Technology is seeking a junior Software Developer (I/II) to join our growing Software Development team. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for performing quality assurance on Cold Bore’s application, developing automated quality testing, and maintaining software quality standards. Working in a fast-paced team environment, this role requires a self-motivated individual with a high degree of collaboration and innovation. Come work with a ground-breaking and result-driven team determined to transform the Oil & Gas Industry through technology!
- Perform QA on the application, exercising new functionality and regression testing existing functionality.
- Develop automated tests to guard the quality of the application.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases.
- Participate in agile development, including estimating effort and complexity of new features and tasks.
- Collaborate with senior engineers to produce robust and maintainable code, following software team quality standards.
- Take on and deliver medium-sized features from conception to production.
- Help operate Cold Bore’s edge platform (embedded systems, IIoT).
- Help operate Cold Bore’s cloud platform (cloud app and API) with a Site Reliability Engineering approach.
- Minimum of 1+ years of hands-on software development.
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes is considered an asset.
- Experience with object-oriented design principles and best practices.
- Working experience with an industry web framework (React or Angular).
- Experience writing automated test code (unit tests, integration tests, etc.).
- Comfortable working in Unix terminal environments.
- Hands-on contributor – you enjoy writing code, solving complex problems and being in the trenches.
- Desire to learn and improve through constructive feedback.
- Ability to develop independently with support from more senior team members.
- Conscientious and results-oriented individual who goes above and beyond to meet their commitments.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Cold Bore is looking for people who are flexible and can work effectively and collaboratively with a rockstar team. Attitude is everything!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
SmartPAD™ is one Platform, one Format, one Direction for the entire industry & is revolutionizing the Completions Space.