This job is no longer accepting applications.
Digital Wildcatters is looking for a Weekly Newsletter Writer to join our team. While our office is based in Houston, this position can be fully remote as we are looking for the best writer capable of sharing our voice.
Who are we? Just think of us as the Barstool Sports of Energy.
Digital Wildcatters is a Houston-based media company disrupting the traditional Energy news landscape. Our goal is to make the energy world more engaging through relatable and digestible content through a voice that no one in the industry has ever used.
Plus, we've got some other cool stuff in the works.
Right now, we're pushing to create content and community through multiple platforms
- Our network of 9 podcasts reaches tens of thousands of ears per month
- We partner with some of the largest companies in Oil & Gas and all of Energy to create original content series
- We host live events with thousands of attendees
- And we're just getting started
- Collaborate with the team and compile a list of the weekly top stories in Energy
- Research, write and edit a witty, concise, and clever newsletter to go to the inboxes of our thousands of readers
- The voice of the newsletter has to be unique to our style of borderline edgy, anti-corporate, and comedic nature; The style that makes us standout amongst the traditionally boring corporate world of Energy
- Deep interest and expertise in energy news writing (added plus for those with newsletter writing experience) and digital media
- Deep love for news more broadly
- Professional writing experience of some form, be it freelance, internally at a company, or external consumer-facing
- Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Keen understanding of the information and insights that the energy executive needs to start their day
- Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
- Ability to take an overall goal and run own the responsibility without needing constant oversight or micromanagement
- Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
- Fast-paced and challenging environment that's built for a passionate, lifelong learner
- Creative freedom and the ability to own your work
- This is a part-time position with the potential to become full time
Your application has been successfully submitted.