Senior Data Scientist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job, and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you’re ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
Chevron Phillips is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join the Business Transformation organization located at The Woodlands, TX headquarters location. This is an organizational leader with a heavy front-of-the-room presence, background in data science, and a current strong knowledge of designing, building, and advising teams on the implementation of an Azure cloud ecosystem, as well as, MLOps. As a subject matter expert of solutions & platforms, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to various projects. You are expected to have depth of knowledge on specified technological areas, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks. This is ideal opportunity for an individual who is interested in joining a new, growing organization within the company and helping to esablish the patterns and practices of that organization.
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in our hybrid work model (remote and in-office days), as desired.
This role must develop a comprehensive strategy and drive results by
This individual will have a unique perspective from which to contribute to key business decisions and company-wide cloud strategies and initiatives.
- Establishing cloud solutions that deliver value by creating new organizational capabilities
- Building, motivating and expanding team members and individuals ensuring the team is agile, can scale to demand, and is optimized across all business segments.
- Measure, analyze, track and report business, process and quality metrics to achieve targets while examining trends and identifying areas for improvement.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, and data modeling to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, test business hypotheses, and make valuable discoveries leading to operational savings or growth
- Driving the technical design of large-scale data science platforms, utilizing modern and open source technologies, in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Setting standards for data science; design patterns for model deployment and development which are scalable, repeatable, and simple.
- Building strong multi-functional relationships and get recognized as a data science subject matter expert among other teams.
- Collaborating across teams to solve challenging, high-value analytical problems.
- Sharing and incorporating best practices from the industry using new and upcoming tools and technologies.
- Providing technical leadership to the project team to perform design to deployment related activities, provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues.
- Designing, implementing, and deploying high-performance, custom solutions.
- Translate business objectives and priorities into analysis strategies
- Develop presentations around insights that can be understood by a variety of audiences - strategic, tactical, operational; and across functions - marketing, operations, finance, digital services, etc.
- Partner with key business areas to translate insights into solutions that can be validated and implemented
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or a hard science
- A minimum of 7 years of technical experience including 3 years of Data Science
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- An experienced and credible technical expert with a recognized deep analytics skill set
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and DataBricks
- Experience in one or more data science related programing languages, such as Python, R, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3 years of experience working with organizations on their cloud journey
- Experience in Python programing language
- Ability to clearly articulate the pros and cons of various technologies and platforms
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422 , option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital status.
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Eligibility for Relocation: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.