Data Engineer (Remote Opportunities Available)
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering quality reporting and data intelligence solutions to the organization and assist client teams with drawing insights to make informed, data-driven decisions. Must be comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Analyze and understand business requirements and translate into logical data models
- Write queries and pipelines for data extraction, movement, integration and storage
- Design, create, and maintain solutions, extensions, and integrations for applications
- Understand, explain, develop, and modify relational and non-relational data models, including designing, creating, and customizing based on system performance
- Design and build reporting solutions and dashboards from varying data sources
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, upgrade, and improve the performance of reporting and data solutions
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary agile team to build high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions
- Lead the evaluation, implementation, and deployment of emerging tools and processes for analytic data engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years’ of software development experience
- Expertise in ETL and data analysis and experience with SQL with at least one programming language (Python/R preferred)
- Experience developing and maintaining data warehouses in big data solutions e.g.: Databricks, Snowflake
- Must have experience with developing scalable data pipelines that are repeatable and secure
- Experience with developing solutions on cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data and analytics space
- Familiarity with the Linux operating system
- A fast learner who has strong problem-solving skills and enjoys working as part of a technical, cross-functional team to solve complex data problems
About Bison Technologies
Bison Technologies is a rapidly growing SAAS company targeting the massive industrial energy supply chain and transportation sectors. We are creating an entirely new category within one of the oldest, largest and lowest-tech industries on earth, and we are looking for people who are passionate about solving system-wide problems ranging from efficiency to environmental impact. Interested individuals must be team-oriented, thrive in startup-like environments and share our passion for reimagining the way old industries work. Our most successful team members think differently, learn continuously, develop rapidly, and care deeply for the success of others over themselves.
Your application has been successfully submitted.