Power BI Developer Consultant
WHY VELOCITY: As a full-stack, full-function oil and gas data management/analytics consulting company, we believe that fast-moving, transparent companies are more profitable and more rewarding places to work.
SUMMARY: The Senior Power BI Developer Consultant will act as Velocity Insight’s Power BI expert to both internal VI consultants and VI clients, alike. This position will provide business intelligence advisory level expertise, build workflows, and document best practices. This technologically savvy position supports VI’s clients by bringing intellectual curiosity and strong experience with the Microsoft Tech Stack.
PROJECT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the contract position that are most important to getting the job done.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to clients on how to deploy and optimize Microsoft Power BI and the larger Power Platform
- Partners with clients to clearly understand their infrastructure, performance, and business needs for business intelligence use cases
- Builds great-looking and easy-to-use BI tools
- Mentors and trains VI consultants as well as client staff
- Works with various VI consultants to construct and market offerings like BI templates to prospective clients
- Performs all other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
PROJECT- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
The specific minimum competencies required for successful project completion.
- Well-rounded Business Intelligence experience with functional knowledge in data sources, ETL workflows, common reporting use cases, and security/governance concepts
- Exposure to and interest in developing skills with Power Apps and Power Automate
- Strong understanding of data visualization best practices
- Consultant mindset
- Intellectually curious
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze, evaluate an issue and form judgment
The minimum level of education, experience & certifications to complete the project.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with BI tools like SSRS, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Basic programming experience in one or more of SQL, M, DAX, R, or Python required
- Has passed or is ready to take Microsoft certification exams like PL-900 and DA-100 required
- Consulting experience preferred
- Oil and gas industry experience not required
Your application has been successfully submitted.